LE CAMI DE CALDEGUES
A wonderful view of the nearby villages and all the mountain ranges that surround the plateau.
Pla de Dalt: The C1 road linking Caldégas to the RN 116 offers a 360° panorama over the whole of Cerdanya. A 16th century document compared Cerdanya to a galley whose multiple adjacent valleys included oars. Let us mention this image here by giving a name to the peaks, valleys, towns and villages, forests.
Departure: The Hix square.
THAT'S WORTH A VISIT!
Hix Onzès Caldégas: Paradoxically, in 1896, no road reached Caldégas although it was placed in the centre of the high plain of Cerdagne. However, we are on an ancestral passage since, in the 11th century, the gentlemen of Llívia, pursued, passed here with the relics of Saint Guillem.
Saint-Romain de Caldegas Church: A building of the first Romanesque art dating from the 11th century, it was redesigned in the 18th century by the priest Dominique Marti who raised the nave and opened two side chapels in order to increase the number of altars. Inside, you can admire very rare and magnificent wall paintings dating from the middle of the 13th century. The church preserves important altars from the Baroque period dedicated to Saint Roman: High Altar, Saint Anthony of Padua, Chapel of Christ.... On the outside, the semi-circular apse has an arched frieze with uprights in the purest Lombard style.
- Difference in height
- 69.3 m
- 69 meters of difference in height
Add a review
There is no review about Le Cami De Caldegues, be the first to leave one !